The Volunteer Centre Rochdale Borough supports and promotes volunteering across the Borough of Rochdale and works with individuals who wish to volunteer and with groups and organisations that use volunteers.
The Volunteer Centre was established in 1997. It is a member of NCVO and has gained accreditation against the FIVE core volunteering infrastructure functions:
1. Strategic Development of Volunteering - strategic approach to the development of volunteering needs and the existing practices of local volunteer involving organisations and is actively involved in relevant networks. The volunteer Centre also works closely with the local Statutory Sector.
2. Good Practice Development - promoting good practice in working with volunteers and to all volunteer involving organisations.
3. Developing Volunteering Opportunities - works in close partnership with statutory, private sector and the third sector organisations to develop volunteering.
4. Voice of Volunteering - through the Volunteer Centre's activities there is an increased awareness of the issues impacting on volunteering.
5. Brokerage (i.e. information and referral for voluntary opportunities)
To find out more about the Volunteer Centre, our work and how you can get involved, click on the links below: